Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Editing to come

For anyone who is reading this over the next week or so I just wanted to apologize for the cruddy editing job I did.  I normally miss things during the editing process, no joke, but I don't think I've ever put up anything with this many errors in it.  Frankly it is embarrassing.

Give me a week or so and I'll find most of them and rub them out.  LOL.

I also know this story is a little different from what I normally write ... shorter, darker during most of it.  Have no idea where Georgie came from, she was just sort of there in my consciousness one day.  Roland was the original protagonist and Johnson was just a minor character, meant to be a foil for the two of them.  You can see how it ultimately worked out however.  (grin)  I guess you just never know.

Most of all I hope it makes people think.  There are things mentioned in this story that are becoming commonplace in our world.  As Georgie would say, there are consequences for that.  This story is just one vision of how those consequences could ultimately play out.

7 comments:

  1. I wanted to say thank you again, andddddd I would rather have a story with mistakes than no story at all lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.

    Better a muse that's always a voice in your head than one that's only there occasionally ;-) You can always go back and edit...


    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, Thank you for the fantastic story I just started reading and could not stop. You are truly a gifted writer and story teller, I enjoy your writing a great deal and am always looking forward to more from you.
    Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very thought provoking... Thx for sharing another story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. spent most of my evening quietly rereading this. didn't mind a single error. :) although it is a much darker style of writing than your "usual" it is very good. I am the parent of a special needs child and such a chilling future scares me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Has anyone heard from Kathy at all this year? Is she ok?

    ReplyDelete